Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crib and dresser...

The adoption timeline (or lack of) is a difficult thing to get a grasp on.  Bringing a child into your life in the traditional way has a very definite timeline (give or take a few weeks).  You can pace yourself and do what’s appropriate at different stages of the game.  We don’t have that.  So what do we do?  Do we plan?  Do we buy things?  Some adoptive parents are comfortable with getting what they need on the fly, but I’m a planner.  I want everything to be organized and adorable in advance.  Ultimately, I decided to take the advice of a woman I met at church.  She said to treat this time like I’m “expecting”.  I am, just not in the same way.  And we don’t necessarily have plenty of time or even 9 months.  The way things are going, we will likely have all of the formalities completed and be officially “waiting” by mid March.  And then it could happen at any time.  We need to be ready!  So, after much internet browsing, Ross and I went shopping on Sunday and ordered a crib and dresser (from Baby on Grand).  Yea!


4 comments:

  1. We better start thinking about a crib quilt for me to make.... Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! Are you guys doing a theme? I hope your wait is short :).

    ReplyDelete