Saturday, May 19, 2012

Nursery...

The nursery is finished!  I had always dreamed of doing a nursery.  My mom helped with much of it, and we had so much fun.  I’m really happy with how it turned out.  I think it’s soft and cozy and sweet.  Enjoy the photos!    
View from the door.

The walls are painted a rich cream.

My mom and I spray painted the wicker shelving unit.  It was in my room as a child.

The ceiling is painted a soft gray.

A beautiful quilt made by my talented mom!

I noticed these prints in a gallery in Wilmington, NC while on a beach trip last summer.  The Critter Series by digital artist John W. Golden. 
Each has a title... The Artful Raccoon, The Industrious Beaver, The Sensible Owl, The Persnickety Opossum, The Crooked Fox, and The Relentless Squirrel.  So cute!
The quilt makes the room! Thank you, Mom!  (I helped choose the fabrics. J)

A comfy glider chair and ottoman.

Photos of things from my childhood.  I will eventually change them out with new baby photos.

Adorable bear.

Cozy corner.

Ross got this rocking horse from an Amish builder on our last trip to Iowa.

My mom and I painted the frames.

How cute is this mobile?!

The cross stitch was made by a family friend and was in my room when I was little. 
(I suppose I should say that it was originally made for my brother.)

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so very cute! YOU did a great job in creating your "vision"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful room. I love the simplicity and the way you brought in all the old memories from your childhood. I have a stack of favorite books (Little House in the Big Woods!) that will be put to the same use. And the critters are just wonderful. What a fun time perusing through those in Wilmington :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Beth it looks amazing! I love everything from the rocking horse to the mobile so cute! The quilt is amazing! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is....PERFECT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone, for your thoughtful comments! I love getting them! (For some reason, I’m not able to reply to specific comments. I’ll figure it out…)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so amazing! I have been wondering what your quilt would be like since the old days when we would bake in the sun and daydream about nurseries and weddings. It is beautiful and unexpected (in a good way), Kathy, you are incredible! My second favorite item is the owl, how cute! I didn't realize the chair was a glider in earlier pics, I want to take a nap in it on my next visit. I will envision you rocking your newborn in that chair when I pray for you to match really, REALLY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome!! I love it. So warm and inviting! That chair looks uber comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the pics of your baby room! It looks so calm and inviting and perfect! My favorite is the quilt with the matching prints. :)

    I finally went back and read your entire blog from the beginning. I love all of your updates and posts. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KEE-WALL!!!

    Been wondering where my cross stitch went;)...JK.....it all looks GREAT!!! Critters.....love em

    Dave

    How do I get this thing to quit calling me "anonymous"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful! Love the possum and the owl. Your future baby is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt is adorable! Such a talented mama you have!

    ReplyDelete