Thursday, July 12, 2012

About Waiting...

You know, I'm actually pretty content with the waiting so far.

I'm surprised. Maybe because I only have the IUIs and IVFs and TWWs to compare it to. I was a completely consumed mess during the infertility treatment cycles. My work suffered, I wasn't able to sleep, my heart raced all the time, I literally struggled to catch a breath most days. But it's no wonder, is it. The treatments don't allow you to forget or to be contented.  Supplements, acupuncture, daily self-administered injections, constant doctor's appointments complete with blood draws and invasive ultra sounds, inconceivable financial stresses, obsessing over every symptom, and the reality of knowing it might all be a waste.

With this adoption, though, I can breathe more easily, knowing, at least, that I've done all that I can do. I'm done… Paperwork, home study, background checks, references, profile,… And God knows the desires of my heart (I’ve made it very clear!).  Now I (try to) spend my energy (most of it) thanking Him for what I know is to come... The blessings.

8 comments:

  1. God is moving. He is putting all the pieces together. You will be a mommy very soon.

    Our fiends got matched today.....proof that God continues to move!!

    Be patient and allow His PERFECT plan to unfold.

    Praying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s right—His perfect plan! Thanks, Misty! Your comments are always so encouraging.

      Delete
  2. I know waiting can be hard.... it seems "the bigger the prize the harder the wait". I feel that our "prize" will be great! :)
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it all! So true! I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately! Waiting with you! :) hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth!!! I've been following your journey, mostly through your mom, but now through this blog. What a great idea!! I love how I can read whats going on with you and follow the journey without having to bother your mom!! I'm sorry you too have to feel this pain and know what its like to be the "select few" that have to go through this. We to are dealing with infertility and debating whether or not to go this route. Lots of tough decisions to make and things to think about. I believe that God has a plan for all of us. It doesn't always happen in our time but in His!! I love how you said you continue to thank Him for what you know He is going to give you!! I try to do the same, but often don't think I do it enough. I think our perfect babies are out there waiting for us!!! Hang in there!! With every day that goes by is just 1 more day closer to your dream!! I believe its coming, probably sooner then you think!!! I will be watching this so I can celebrate with you!! Best of luck to you and Ross!!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Erin! So nice to hear from you. And thank you for the lovely, lovely comment. I’ve heard of your struggles from my mom too. Praying for you! And please let me know if you ever have any questions.

      Delete
  5. Hi! Not sure how I stumbled across your blog, but so glad that I did! My husband and I adopted a little girl almost 1 year ago and it has been such a blessing. Praying for you and your family as you wait for your little boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that’s so nice. Thank you for the prayers. It really helps to know we have support. And congratulations on your little girl!

      Delete