Sunday, January 22, 2012

Church...

Church is definitely a place where I find strength and peace, but, with our church being so large, the barrage of babies and pregnant women can sometimes be difficult. It’s easier nowadays, now that our hearts are fixed on adoption, but it was particularly difficult in 2011. Instead of running from it, though, I decided to embrace it. A few months ago I became a regular volunteer within the children’s programming. I typically work in the “crawlers” room and I love it. It’s put a whole different spin on seeing those mothers and babies at churchI now have a personal relationship with many of them!J 
My volunteer t-shirt
I'm also including a song that I heard in church last year that has stuck with me…

2 comments:

  1. I love Zabby's picture. Her life is about to change in a big way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Beth...good for you for documenting your journey - you'll love reading it later and showing it to your children when they are older. One song that I clung to during my fertility treatments was "While I'm waiting" by John Waller. It really spoke to my heart and helped me focus a little less on the frustration and hurt that I was feeling. JD, Riley and I can't wait to get a good news text that you've received a call to go and pick up your baby! You two are going to be such amazing (and crazy fun!) parents! parents! We're praying that this process goes smoothly and quickly for you. Love to you, Ross and Zab from Denver. WE MISS YOU!!

    ReplyDelete